If you choose to live in the exciting and vibrant Newcastle city centre, you will be surrounded by a range of fun things to do for students.
Whether you’re looking for great places to eat and drink, or want to see amazing sights, you will have everything right on the doorstep of your city centre accommodation from Roseworth Student Lettings.
Fun things to do in Newcastle
If you’re living in the centre of Newcastle, you will have access to so many fun things to do. You can pay a visit to the city’s selection of museums and galleries, including the Biscuit Factory, Discovery Museum and Life Science Centre. For evening entertainment, you can visit an array of live music venues, or visit the stunning Theatre Royal or independent Tyneside Cinema. There are also a variety of parks for you to exercise and relax in, including Exhibition Park and Leazes Park.
Newcastle has an infamous nightlife, so if you choose city centre student accommodation you’ll be just a short walk from a variety of brilliant bars and pubs. With so many to choose from, we have tried hard to narrow-down just three that are worth a try:
- The Five Swans: Located very close to the Northumbria University campus, the Five Swans Wetherspoons is filled with students day and night. With a tried-and-tested combination of affordable drinks and food, this is likely to become a regular haunt if you’re living close by.
- BrewDog Newcastle: One for the beer-lovers, BrewDog is a craft beer specialist that lets you try a variety of independently-brewed ales from all over the world. With a choice of board games and chilled places to sit, it’s great for nipping in for a drink with friends.
- Lola Jeans: Fans of a cocktail will love Lola Jeans. Located on Market Street, near to Monument, it is a great place to go for a quiet drink any time of the day or night. Choose from their selection of speciality cocktails, coffees, light bites or meals.
Places to eat in Newcastle
- Being in the city centre gives you access to a range of brilliant restaurants and cafes, so you’re sure to find a type of cuisine to suit your mood. We’ve selected some of the most student - and budget - friendly places to eat in Newcastle:
- Zapitista: The perfect eatery for grabbing lunch on-the-go, Zapitista specialises in Mexican food, and burritos are their speciality; made-to-order with your chosen fillings, they will definitely keep you going between lectures.
- Fat Hippo Underground: Fans of burgers will love the treats on offer at Fat Hippo Underground. They have a brilliant burger menu (with just as brilliant veggie options) and specialise in casual dining with delicious food. Find it on Shakespeare Street, just down from Monument.
- Pani’s: Italian restaurant and cafe Pani’s provides delicious Mediterranean dishes in a laid-back atmosphere. This restaurant is always buzzing, with their friendly staff adding to its welcoming atmosphere, making it the perfect place to refuel after hitting the shops.
Living in the centre of Newcastle means you can take advantage of the city’s shops as often as you like! The majority of shops can be found in the intu Eldon Square shopping centre, where you will find all your favourites, such as Topshop, Topman and Office, and take advantage of your student discount. There are also a variety of high street shops on Northumberland Street, surrounding Grey’s Monument and on Grainger Street, and some supermarkets for groceries.
If checking out all the brilliant things to do in Newcastle city centre has inspired you to find out more about our student properties, contact a member of the Roseworth team today.