With so many things to do in Jesmond, it’s no wonder that it’s a prime location for students. Whether you’re looking for student-friendly pubs and restaurants, or local parks to chill out in, you’ll find everything on the doorstep of your Jesmond student accommodation with Roseworth Student Lettings.
Close by is the beautiful Jesmond Dene, a wooded park that’s perfect for weekend walks or summer evening runs. If you’re looking to keep active on your study breaks, you will have access to gyms, tennis courts and a nearby swimming pool, all within a short distance.
Jesmond Bars and Nightlife
Jesmond is full of student-friendly bars and pubs, making it such a popular area to live in. Just a couple of the must-visit Jesmond bars during your time in Newcastle are:
- The Lonsdale: A long-standing student favourite, the Lonsdale is a traditional pub serving classic pub grub. They’ve got plenty of deals, pub quizzes and trivia nights - what more could you ask for from your local?
- Osborne’s: The perfect student meet-up spot at any time day or night, Osborne’s screens plenty of sports, has a daily Happy Hour game and serves a wide range of food and drinks.
- As You Like It: Just a short walk from Jesmond metro station, As You Like It is a popular late night bar that has something for everyone. Enjoy dinner, drinks, live music or even dancing, all in As You Like It’s quirky setting.
Whether you want a laid-back meal with friends, or a beer and a burger, Jesmond restaurants have something to offer you. If you’re feeling spoiled for choice, why not start with one of the following?
- Jam Jar: If you’re in the mood for barbeque-style food, burgers and cocktails, Jam Jar on Osborne Road is the perfect choice. With great offers through the week, their infamous Bottomless Brunch, and a pub quiz every Sunday, you can see why students love it.
- Pizzeria Francesca - Known as Francesca’s by the locals, this family-run restaurant offers traditional Italian cuisine that’s affordable on a student budget. With a light-hearted atmosphere and a generous, welcoming team, Francesca’s is popular every day of the week.
- Dabbawal - Specialising in authentic Indian street food, Dabbawal offers colourful interiors, a laid-back atmosphere and a delicious menu that’s perfect for sharing. You’re sure to find something you’ll like from their varied menu - or you can try the Chef’s Surprise Menu, and let their team decide for you.
If you don’t feel like hitting the city centre, there are plenty of shops around Jesmond to visit on weekends. From fashion boutiques like Joules B, to unique homeware like Gourmet Gifts, there’s plenty of stores to browse. For groceries, there is a Tesco Express and Waitrose, both located in the heart of Jesmond.
Do you think Jesmond could be the place for you? Contact a member of the Roseworth Student Lettings team to find out more about our accommodation in Jesmond.