We list a variety of properties in the city centre to suit groups of students, and single occupants, so you’re sure to find something to suit your circumstances.
You can also browse the private student halls and purpose-built student accommodation that we have on offer.
All of our Newcastle student houses and flats are well-presented and immaculately finished to the highest standards.
If you choose a student property with Roseworth, your contract will be fully managed. This means that we take care of all the administration, paperwork and communications that come with renting a property, to give you a stress-free experience.
Check out our student accommodation in Newcastle City Centre below, or speak to a member of our team about the properties we have available.
Choosing to live in the exciting and vibrant Newcastle city centre, you will be surrounded by a range of fun things to do for students.
Whether you’re looking for great places to eat and drink, or want to see amazing sights, you will have everything right on the doorstep of your city centre student accommodation.
Fun things to do in Newcastle
If you’re living in the centre of Newcastle, you will have access to so many fun things to do. You can pay a visit to the city’s selection of museums and galleries, including the Biscuit Factory, Discovery Museum and Life Science Centre. For evening entertainment, you can visit an array of live music venues, or visit the stunning Theatre Royal or independent Tyneside Cinema. There are also a variety of parks for you to exercise and relax in, including Exhibition Park and Leazes Park.
Newcastle has an infamous nightlife, so if you choose city centre student accommodation you’ll be just a short walk from a variety of brilliant bars and pubs. With so many to choose from, we have tried hard to narrow-down just three that are worth a try:
- The Five Swans: Located very close to the Northumbria University campus, the Five Swans Wetherspoons is filled with students day and night. With a tried-and-tested combination of affordable drinks and food, this is likely to become a regular haunt if you’re living close by.
- BrewDog Newcastle: One for the beer-lovers, BrewDog is a craft beer specialist that lets you try a variety of independently-brewed ales from all over the world. With a choice of board games and chilled places to sit, it’s great for nipping in for a drink with friends.
- Lola Jeans: Fans of a cocktail will love Lola Jeans. Located on Market Street, near to Monument, it is a great place to go for a quiet drink any time of the day or night. Choose from their selection of speciality cocktails, coffees, light bites or meals.
Places to eat in Newcastle
Being in the city centre gives you access to a range of brilliant restaurants and cafes, so you’re sure to find a type of cuisine to suit your mood. We’ve selected some of the most student - and budget - friendly places to eat in Newcastle:
- Zapitista: The perfect eatery for grabbing lunch on-the-go, Zapitista specialises in Mexican food, and burritos are their speciality; made-to-order with your chosen fillings, they will definitely keep you going between lectures.
- Fat Hippo Underground: Fans of burgers will love the treats on offer at Fat Hippo Underground. They have a brilliant burger menu (with just as brilliant veggie options) and specialise in casual dining with delicious food. Find it on Shakespeare Street, just down from Monument.
- Pani’s: Italian restaurant and cafe Pani’s provides delicious Mediterranean dishes in a laid-back atmosphere. This restaurant is always buzzing, with their friendly staff adding to its welcoming atmosphere, making it the perfect place to refuel after hitting the shops.
Living in the centre of Newcastle means you can take advantage of the city’s shops as often as you like! The majority of shops can be found in the intu Eldon Square shopping centre, where you will find all your favourites, such as Topshop, Topman and Office, and take advantage of your student discount. There are also a variety of high street shops on Northumberland Street, surrounding Grey’s Monument and on Grainger Street, and some supermarkets for groceries.
If checking out all the brilliant things to do in Newcastle city centre has inspired you to find out more about our student properties, contact a member of the Roseworth team today.
Living in Newcastle city centre as a student gives you access to a range of transport links to the rest of the North East.
Whether you need quick access to rail networks and the airport to get back to your home town on weekends, or would like to be in close proximity of the rest of the city, you can have it all with city centre student accommodation from Roseworth Student Lettings.
Newcastle on foot
Living in the middle of the city makes it easy to reach key parts of Newcastle on foot.
For Newcastle and Northumbria University students, this means you have a very short walk to lectures, as both of the main campuses are based right in the centre of town. Find out about nearby university buildings.
You can also explore the city on foot, and try out all the things to do in Newcastle. You’ll be able to walk to great restaurants, independent cinemas and museums in a matter of minutes.
Newcastle central station, which gives you rail transport to the rest of the UK, will also be within walking distance.
Travelling from the city centre by Metro
You will have two main metro stations close by your city centre student accommodation. Whether you need to travel to the station or airport, or want explore some of the beautiful North East coastlines, you can get there in minutes by hopping on your closest metro:
- Time to Central Station: 4 minutes
- Time to Newcastle Airport: 20 minutes
- Time to Tynemouth: 25 minutes
- Time to South Shields: 28 minutes
- Time to Central Station: 1 minute
- Time to Newcastle Airport: 24 minutes
- Time to Tynemouth: 23 minutes
- Time to South Shields: 28 minutes
City centre busses
Like all city centres, Newcastle has a range of bus routes that can take you to all parts of the city, and across the North East. Whether you need to visit your friends in another area, or attend lectures on another campus, there are countless bus routes for you to choose from.
Want to find out more about living in Newcastle city centre as a student? Contact the Roseworth Student Lettings team to find out more.
For students attending either Newcastle University or Northumbria University, living in the centre of Newcastle gives you easy access to everything you might need.
If you choose city centre student accommodation from Roseworth Student Lettings, you will be just a short walk from the main campuses and buildings - perfect for saving on travel costs, and keeping fit and healthy.
Our selection of student properties are nearby the main university buildings:
Many of the Northumbria University buildings are located in Newcastle city centre, so you can reach your lectures and classes in just a short, 10-minute walk. Northumbria buildings based in the city centre include the Squires Building, Student Union, University Library, as well as other faculties, like the Northumbria Law and Business School.
Much of the Newcastle University campus is situated in the centre of Newcastle, near to Haymarket, so you’ll be just a 10-minute walk away from the Students’ Union, Newcastle University Medical School, Armstrong Building and more.
Living in the centre of Newcastle also means you’ll be close to brilliant bars, restaurants and parks.