During your Student Tenancy

How much are bills?

Roseworth recommend that on average students pay circa £10 to £12 per person per week for bills. 

Do I need a TV licence

If you watch or record TV programmes on the TV or online then you will need a TV licence. If your tenancy agreement is for the whole house (most of Roseworth’s tenancy agreements are) then you will just need one licence for the whole property.  Some good news….you can get a refund over the summer months you aren’t living in the property or move out early!


For more information please see:  http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/for-your-home/students-aud1

Do students pay Council Tax?

As long as everyone living in the property is a full time student then you do not need to pay for Council Tax. To qualify as a full time student your course must be at least 1 year long and involve at least 21 hours study per week. Don't worry Roseworth tenants don't have to submit anything to the City Council, we do this all for you! 


For more information and advice please see: https://www.gov.uk/council-tax/working-out-your-council-tax


Some of Roseworth's Newcastle student properties benefit from private off street and garage car parking…for free! If there is no off street car parking available and you wish to park in the street then a parking permit may be needed from the City Council.


For more information please see: https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-transport/parking/parking-permits/resident-parking-permits

How do I report a maintenance problem?

Any general maintenance problem in one of Roseworth's Newcastle student properties can be reported online via our Maintenance section on the website. If you would like to speak to us we are always available for a friendly chat either face to face of via telephone, so please don’t be afraid to get in touch!

How fast do maintenance problems get repaired?

Roseworth have our own in house maintenance team (a big bonus for tenants!), enabling us to deal with any maintenance problems efficiently and with no delays. 

I have an emergency maintenance issue, what do I do?

If any of our Newcastle student tenants have an emergency maintenance issue then please contact a member of the Roseworth team on 0191 222 1225 as soon as possible. Should your issue be outside of office hours Roseworth provide all tenants with 4 emergency telephone numbers to use. 

I have lost my keys!

If you have lost your keys don’t worry, Roseworth can replace these for you during normal working office hours but you will incur a charge. Therefore we recommend you leave the Roseworth key ring attached to your keys as we are often contacted by people who find them. 

Are all inclusive bill packages available?



At Roseworth Student Lettings we make the letting of Newcastle student accommodation with us as easy and as stress free as possible for all our tenants, which includes all inclusive bill packages. 


For more information please click here